Thursday, November 4, 2010

I don't want to be that crazy cat lady.....

Yesterday, as I was leaving work, I absently spoke to Corporate Cat, which is what I'm calling the cat that lives by the front door of my office.  Corporate Cat lives a pretty cushy life.  She gets free room and board and her only job is to greet people as they enter and leave the building.  I'm not sure how good of a greeter she actually is though, because she once hissed at me when I tried to open the door. 

Anyway, as I was leaving work yesterday evening, I saw the cat and said, "Hey, Cat," which isn't so bad except that someone else happened to be approaching the front door at the same time.  When I realized this, I became embarrassed.  Am I going to be seen as the crazy girl who talks to the cat?  Fortunately for me, the guy going into the building also felt the need to talk to corporate cat.  I'm not so crazy after all!  Maybe I'm even normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment