Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark.......




Tonight I stood in a room full of howling women -- and I mean that literally. 

In my Zumba class earlier this evening my teacher chose "Thriller" as one of our songs.  She did the actual dance and I attempted to follow along.  She stopped, however, in order to encourage everyone to howl like the creature in the song.  I wasn't as enthusiastic about howling as many of my classmates.  In fact, I didn't attempt it at all. The instructor went around the room urging several people to try howling.  I am quite thankful that she did not stop in front of me. She informed us that this releases stress.  It just made me feel silly. 

I say to each his own.  Do what makes you feel good, at least in this case.  Exercise is always more enjoyable when you're having fun.  It was odd, though, to see that many women, most of them middle-aged, howling and loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment