Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Frustrating Friday

Friday was a bit stressful for me. 
 
Unfortunate Incident #1:  When I got in my car to head to work I remembered that I had intended to get some gas the night before.  Somehow I forgot, though.   My fuel light was already on, so what did I do?  I decided to chance it and drive the 20-ish miles to the nearest gas station on my route to work.  (Note:  There is a gas station less than 5 miles from my home, but I don't like to go that way to work.)  The good news is that I successfully made it to the gas station.  The bad news is that of the 2 pumps I could use, 2 were taken.  So, I had to sit and wait.  This seemed like a good time to get my phone out and browse facebook. 

Unfortunate Incident #2:  It was at the time that I found out I had left my phone at home.   Do you how many calls I receive a day?  Well, sometimes none, but I've become so accustomed to dependent on my phone that it feels strange to not have it with me.  Plus, how will I take my facebook/twitter breaks during the day without it?   

Unfortunate Incident #3:  I was looking forward to a pedicure I had scheduled an appointment for after work.  I get off early on Fridays and was going to head straight for my pedicure from the office.  At about 2:30 something came up that several of us had to work on and complete.  I didn't think I was going to finish.  Actually, I didn't.  At 4:30 someone finally took it from me.  By this time I'd already called and cancelled my much anticipated pedicure appointment. 

Unfortunate Incident #4:  While trying to finish the project from Unfortunate Incident #3, something else came up and was brought to me to be fixed.  I had to stop what I was doing to fix it and then go back to the first project.  I like to finish one task before starting another.  That's just how my mind works.  I need to focus on only one thing at a time. 

My day picked up here because I got to get in my freshly washed and vacuumed car and go to a movie and out to eat with friends.   Until....

Unfortunate Incident #5:  Carrie and I shared a meal, which turned out to be a.) not what we thought and b.) more expensive than anticipated.  For sharing, we had to pay for the price of our meal, an extra $5 sharing charge, plus another $4 ($2 x 2) for fried rice.  Why do they even offer regular rice?  Who wants regular rice when you can have fried rice? 

Honestly, I wouldn't have classified Friday as a horrible day, just one with several unpleasant occurrences.  It couldn't have been too bad after all, because Friday is always followed by Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment