Monday, May 2, 2011

When I was 15...

I am thankful to have a friend who saves old emails and surveys I wrote/filled out many years ago.  Sometime in the past year she sent several of these to me so I could have a good laugh. 

I believe I got my first email address in 1999.  I would occasionally check it but only had about one person who ever emailed me.  Fast forward to a short time later where I would stay up (after being told to go to bed) and chat online with my friends.  I do remember filling out quite a few surveys, updating my yahoo profile, and visiting the Christian teens chatroom on hotmail (msn?).  Of course, this was all done via dial-up Internet.  What am I saying?  My hometown only recently got dsl and that is not a joke. 

Anyway, I thought I would share some of my infinite wisdom from back in the day <sarcasm>. 

Example #1:

Let's start this off with a good one.  This quote is from a survey dated December 15, 2003.  So, by this time I was in college.


26.) If you had no limitations, what would you be when you grow up and why?: Something really smart, like a doctor, but i am not smart enough, nor will i study enough to be a doctor.  I would just like to work in an office in a big building and have lots of cool office tools..haha.

I’m pretty sure when I said I would like to be a doctor I was thinking about the money.  If you know me then you know that I do not want a job where I have to touch people, especially not sick people.   Also, I really do dislike studying.  The 2nd half of this quote is the funny part, though.  I actually currently work in a somewhat large office building where I have access to a copier, fax machine, and my very own stapler and tape dispenser.  I am also the proud owner of a copy card.  Seriously, this excites me.  Don't even get me started on name badges that unlock doors and gates..

Example #2 (in three parts):
For this jewel, we will be traveling back in time to January 2000.
IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO
>   WOULD IT BE! I really have no idea, but how about
Freddie Prince, Jr.????
Yes, I remember Freddie Prinze Jr. being pretty popular at this time.  Of course, now he's married, which makes him quite a bit less exciting. I do wish he and Sarah Michelle Gellar all the best!  I'm totally over him now.
IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD
> IT
>   BE?  I donn't know.  Something that i enjoyed
doing.  Like working with some fine guy.
Even at the age of 15, I had a clear sense of my career goals.  Aren't you impressed?  Please don't judge the fact that I misspelled don't.  I'm sure I just didn't proofread my work.  Surveys were sometimes very lengthy and took a while to finish.
PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO
>   RESPOND: My cousin,(if i were sending it to her)my
own flesh and blood who won't even read the stuff I
send her and asked me to stop sending it.  How
rude!!!
This one really makes me laugh.  Of course, it probably means nothing to you, but I'm putting this in for me.  If someone has a email account you should send them stuff, right?  Apparently not.  I don't think she liked getting surveys and emails from me. 

Example #3:
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MARRIAGE: I don't really
think a/b it.  I am only 15. It's not like i am a/b to
get married or anything.
I am no long "only 15," and now do think about marriage.  I don't seem to be any closer to it than when I was 15, though.   

No comments:

Post a Comment